Automating Parent Notifications
A 2nd grade elementary student is running low on lunch money. The school cafeteria has given him 3 separate slips to take home to notify his parents. Unfortunately the slips are not making it home in the student's backpack. The school district is looking for an automated way to allow each of its campuses to reliably notify parents when their student child's lunch account is beneath a certain threshold.
Benefits of Solving
Solving this challenge will benefit the District in the following ways:
- By finding a more reliable way to notify parents, students are more likely to maintain an ongoing balance in their lunch accounts
- Students will not be surprised when trying to buy lunch which interrupts the flow of the lunch line and shortens the students' time to eat
- The school district will lessen its dependence on free lunches without funding from the state
- Parents will sense a more caring attitude from the district and will build loyalty across the parent community
The focus of this solution is the ability to integrate to the district's data to automate notifications to parents; a process that otherwise would have been manually intensive.
- On a daily basis, the IPsession Add-ons Database Integration server queries the district's student account balances at a predetermined time, for a minimum and/or maximum balance threshold
- When a lunch account balance is found to be out of threshold, the IPsession Add-ons Database Integration application queries the district data base for parent contact information
- The IPfusion server then drives the IPsession server to perform a Dial Out to the parents' phone number on file and plays a generic message letting them know their child's lunch account is below threshold; the message played specifies the campus and the student's name, as well as instructions to acknowledge receipt of the message
- Based on a predetermined time and re-occurrence pattern, the IPsession Add-ons Database Integration application queries the results from previous Lunch Account Dial Outs and targets those parents that did not acknowledge receipt of the message.
- IPsession Add-ons Database Integration
Targeted End Points
- Cisco IP phones
- Desktop PCs
- Laptop Pcs